21 A- Reading Reflection No. 2

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

This theme was to show Musk's ahead of his time vision and demonstrate his determination. 

2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

This book demonstrates the idea that when pursuing an entrepreneurial career, you can not give up after hearing that your ideas are unattainable, you simply must make it happen.  

3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

I would design an assignment that allowed students to fail the assignment the first couple submissions in order to show them that you cannot give up. 

4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

My biggest surprise was learning that Musk developed PayPal on a relatively low budget. When he was designing his first start-ups, he was determined to reach his overall goal of eliminating oil dependency and becoming multi-planetary species. 



Comments

  1. Hi Jakob! I really enjoyed reading what you found interesting about Elon Musk since I read the same book as you for the first reading assignment. I also didn't know Musk even developed PayPal before reading! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob,
    I am not sure what book you were reviewing, and it would have been more inciteful to know which book you had read, but overall you did a great job. I agree with the statement that Musk is definitely ahead of his time with is visions and work he accomplishes. I think the exercise you came up with for students was great, it is actually very similar to the one that I came up with myself. I also didn’t know Musk developed PayPal, so that was something else I learned from your review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2