27 A- Reading Reflection No. 3

How to fail at almost anything and still win big- Scott Adams

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

The general theme of this book is that there is not one hardwire method for success. The only method to achieve success is to pick a system that revolves around you. 

2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

The book explains that you should not let reality determine your imagination, rather, you should allow your imagination to shape your path to success. This connects perfectly with this class because this class encourages students to use their imagination to solve problems.

3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

I would ask students to come up with the most outlandish entrepreneurial idea they could think of and then develop a 5 year system personalized around their interests and beliefs to obtain that goal.

4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

This whole book differed from my expectations. I expected this book to outline a system that aids in coping with failure, however, it encourages free thought and imagination. 

Comments

  1. Hello Jakob,
    I think you did a really cool job on this assingment. I look forward to always reading and reviewing your work because I feel as though I can grow from them as an entrepreneur as well. You came up with a really unique perspective on this book and I think you were able to reflect on it well. Keep the good work as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob!
    Great job on this post I also read this book and had similar views on it. I also thought that the book would reiterate failure and ways to overcome it but instead it celebrating failure itself. Cool exercise also I think it would greatly impact students and also teach them a lesson based on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jakob! I agree that there is not one hardwire method for success, there are many ways to succeed in life. What a great theme! I think that the connection you made with the class and this book is spot on, this class definitely encourages students to use their imagination. I think the exercise you suggested would be beneficial to the course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2