25 A - What's next?

Existing market- 

Step 1- I do not know what is next in terms of products and services for my venture due to the fact that it will take significant capital and labor in order to start this. However, were I to get my hands on enough capital I would start developing an app that would allow customers to pay for the product, log their miles, etc. 
Step 2- The first person I interviewed said that we should start by incorporating friendly competition or a rewards program, and said that he would use it if he knew he would be able to get rewards. The second person I interviewed told me that I should really target those with no form of transportation rather that illustrate my proposal as a green alternative to gas powered transportation. The third person I interviewed said that I should focus on schools that are sprawled out with little parking. 
Step 3- I believe that in order to grow my existing market I will have to first achieve success at my own school and become profitable. In addition to this I will have to think outside of the box and incorporate promotions, targeted advertising, and utilize campus ambassadors in order to spread awareness. 

On top of this, I believe that in order to truly be successful, I will have to branch off to other schools. If my proposal can become successful on multiple university campuses I feel that traction and popularity for the service will start to snowball. 

New market-

Step 1- Instead of targeting college students, I could target cities that are known for being environmentally conscious such as beach communities, Seattle, San Francisco, etc. 
Step 2- I believe that people in communities that are environmentally conscious will find value in this due to the fact that my company does not effect the environment in any negative way. 
Step 3- The first person that I interviewed was part of a beach community. He said that most people care for the beach deeply and would be interested in the idea of conserving the environment. He said that we would have to locate the bike racks on the beach in order to be successful. The second person I interviewed was also from a beach town and enjoyed the idea of an active way to support environmental conservation. She also detailed the fact that in order to be successful it will have to be located on the beach. 
Step 4- I learned that this type of market (beach communities) value their natural beauty and look for any opportunity to preserve it. I assumed that the bikes would need to be located on the beach in order for people to use them. 

This market is not necessarily more attractive to me due to the fact that University of Florida offers a continuation of new customers every year. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2