20 A- Growing Your Social Capital

Contract 1: 

1. A bike parts wholesaler. 
2. I would need a bike parts wholesaler for my business. 
3. I have not found a bike parts wholesaler, however, I believe that I could get into contact with one easily.
4. They have not done favors for me yet, but if they were, I would appreciate a bulk order of bikes. 
5. By placing a bike wholesaler in my network I would open up doors for myself that were not previously accessible. 

Contract 2:

1. Travis VanderZanden- CEO of Bird Scooters
2. I believe that Travis is a domain expert considering the success that he has had on other college campuses with bird scooters.
3. A quick google search lead me to Travis and I would contact him via his assistants email. 
4. I have never had an exchange with Travis, however I believe if I had the chance to meet him he would be able to give me extremely useful information. 
5. Due to his continued success with Bird Scooters I believe that Travis would be an extremely valuable asset when it comes to making strategic decisions. 

Contract 3:

1. Finally I would need to exploit Max Farfante's marketing skills. 
2. Max has a vast network around University of Florida that would allow me to reach different individuals. 
3. Max has been one of my good friends for three years. 
4. Max would be able to open doors that would have previously been unattainable. 
5. Max would be able to reach students that I would have left alone due to his vast network. 

This experience has allowed me to see the upside of targeted networking. Next time I network I will go into the event with goals. 







Comments

  1. Hi Jakob! I think you did a great job outlining certain key players in your field. Having Max Farfante on your team would allow the word of mouth to spread 2x and even more if you recruit more people. I think the idea of growing your network is the best way to gain recognition from people at UF. Also, contacting a scooter CEO is a smart move as he is a market expert in your field. Looks like you are on a great path and are moving your company in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob,
    Great job strategizing the network connections you thought would be most beneficial to your business. A bike parts wholesaler is a great start, but you need to decide on a specific one so you can reach out to them to start building a connection. I also thought that your choices of Travis VanderZanden and Max Farfante were great ideas! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2