19 A- Idea Napkin No. 2

1. You:
Talents- 
  • Math, Hockey, Communication, Presentation 
Skills and Experiences- 
  • Skilled in locating new business opportunities and targeting niche markets based on their demographics
  • Experience in new business development, sales, marketing, and business side of healthcare 
Aspirations- 
  • Make a stable enough income to support myself and my family 
  • Find meaning in what I do
  • I believe if I were to start the business it would consume most of my time and since the idea behind it gives me a sense of purpose and meaning, I believe I would be fulfilled with my work.
2. What are you offering to customers?:
  • I would be providing a system of bikes throughout the campus that would be accessible to anyone. In this system, a student could electronically rent a bike and then deposit it at the stop closest to their desired destination. Students that are looking to easily cut through campus to avoid traffic, those looking to increase their daily physical activity, and environmental activists will benefit from this idea. 
  • In addition to this I would have to utilize people skills and political leverage in order to get this idea approved by the board of UF. 
3. Who are you offering it to?:
  • I am offering this product to those students who have no accessible form of transportation and are looking to rent a bike to go a short distance through campus. 
  • I am also offering this product to those looking to stay active and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle. 
4. Why do they care?:
  • Customers will pay for this service because some people will need to get across campus a little faster than walking, and the bikes make traveling through campus more convenient. Those that are looking to increase their physical exercise would use them as well. 
  • I also feel that college customers would like to interact with a brand that is specifically designed for a college student, by a college student. 
5. Core competencies: 
  • The bike rental service allows students who must travel through campus to bypass traffic on 13th, Inner Road, and University while also staying active in the process. This service is also eco-friendly and enhances community morale. 
  • This service (at the moment) is designed specifically for a college student on the go looking to get from point A to point B quickly and conveniently. 
I believe all of these concepts go together. This being said, I believe that this idea would need significant man-power and capital to get up and running. 



For this idea napkin, I used the first idea napkin as a template, then added on the feedback given to me both on my first elevator pitch, and my first idea napkin. My classmates enlightened me to the fact that I must differentiate my business from other similar businesses. Additionally, I had overlooked the fact that my business would need to leverage political relationships in order to get the idea approved and be able to implement the bike racks around campus. 

Comments

  1. Hi Jakob! I enjoyed reading your aspirations. You once again did a great job describing and essentially promoting your product/service. I am glad you added in the feedback given to you on your previous posts. Overall, I think you are developing a great service that has the potential to be very successful. If you keep developing creative ideas to make your service stand out and keep taking others suggestions into consideration you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job redoing your idea napkin. I think you did a great job honing in one some key aspects and making them more clear to me/ potential customers. Your service is very similar to that of zipcar, except with bikes. Zipcar is very successful on campus and i think your idea proposes a cheaper alternative to Zipcar that may be more profitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job fixing your idea napkin. I think that you did a good job flushing out some things and making what's left clearer. I think that your service is very similar to Citi Bike which is popular in NYC. This shows that ventures like this are successful and that yours has potential.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2