8A- Solving the Problem

One of the problems I have identified in my previous posts was the lack of activity and eco-friendly transportation around campus. Most students use gas-scooters, cars, or the RTS bus system, these cannot transport them through campus, and they are not considered eco-friendly. 

A solution that came to me while interviewing for the previous exercise was to incorporate an electric scooter alternative such as the Bird Scooters that the Florida State University has adopted. Within this model, students would be free to pick up a scooter as they needed from various charging stations around the campus. 

Another idea in order to promote an active lifestyle and environmental conservation that I had was to set up a series of bike racks around campus. These bikes would be electronically locked on the racks but would be available to rent via an app, etc. While being eco-friendly, the bikes would also promote movement on campus. 

Comments

  1. Hi Jakob. I think that your idea is good, but as I stated in your elevator pitch there are a few kinks to work out still. I like that it promotes an active lifestyle, perhaps offer some type of reward system as well. For x amount of miles ridden you get a coupon for a local eatery. The more you ride the bike to class and are consisten the more rewards you can unlock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob!

    Great idea! The thing is that multiple companies like this already exist. So as Kaylee said, what is it that would set yours apart? I really like Kaylee's idea about a reward system, maybe even something like a free ride every 10. But great idea! I love the eco-friendly aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jakob, I think your post was very well written and your ideas fully articulate a good business venture. You certainly have the entrepreneurship attitude and it shows. I really like how you structured this post as well and the information you put forth is very usefiul for me as the reader to see you are heading in the right direction. I also think your name is very cool so keep up the good work and i look forward to reading your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2