14 A- Halfway Reflection

1. Tenaciousness is a competency- 

In the beginning of the course I used to wait until Friday morning to submit my posts. Because of this routine, I missed three posts, which severely hurt my grade. This being said, I have changed my actions and now submit my posts Thursday nights.

2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude- 

Everyone has gone through a time where they have felt down and out. Personally, mine came during my first semester at UF. My grades were slowly declining, and I had developed extremely poor study habits. Despite this, I was able to overcome this time and learn from my past experiences. I developed good study habits, and have been able to succeed in college ever since. Through the last two months I do feel like I have developed tenaciousness due to the way that this class encourages creative thinking. 

3. Three tips- 
  • Don't fall behind on the lectures
  • Do your posts the night before, or throughout the week
  • Imagine that a future employer is reading all of your posts 
For energy efficiency, Americans deserve a big thumbs-up | Grist

Comments

  1. Hi Jakob,

    I enjoyed reading your posts, and can relate to accidentally missing a few assignments. Fortunately, because there are so many assignments in this class, it shouldn't hurt your grade too much. I now try to do the assignments far earlier and the due date so that I don't have to worry about missing them. I am still getting used to the Canvas organization, and so have tried to stay well ahead in case other priorities come up over school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob!

    I am glad you were able to learn and grow from your past semesters and are now succeeding in college! I really liked your three tips, and I agree with them all. Falling behind on the lectures makes your weekly posts more challenging to do if you haven’t watched them, and then trying to also cram them all before a cupcake is impossible to do. Definitely doing your posts throughout the week so you’re providing excellent work as well as not overwhelming yourself since there are so many assignments due each week. I really enjoyed your last tip, and thought it was very unique and creative—to imagine that your future employer is reading all of your posts. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2