13 A- Reading Reflection No. 1

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

1. Jobs is a pop-culture icon, however, his brutal personality and disregard for others surprised me. I admire how Jobs was able to not only continually innovate, but how well he seemed to understand his market. I did not admire his harsh personality. Jobs encountered adversity after being caught experimenting with drugs by his parents and also when he decided to drop out of college after only one year. Despite all of this, Jobs was able to rebound and focus his energy on innovation in technology.

2. Jobs's ability to innovate and envision a bigger picture was truly unmatched in his time. He continued to do this up until his untimely death.

3. I do not fully understand why Jobs chose to drop out of college, due to the fact that he put so much emphasis on education.

4. If I were able to ask him two questions I would ask the following:

What inspires you?

What is your perception of people?

5. I believe that Jobs valued hard work, due to the fact that he pushed his employees to the edge of their mental toughness. This being said, I admire his passion, however, I would take a more people-friendly approach should I have to manage people one day. 

Comments

  1. Jakob,

    I also read Isaacson's book about Jobs. His brutal personality also stood out to me, but I chose it as something that I admired about him. He seemed to be so focused on the goals of the company, and innovation, that a person's feelings were secondhand. His ability to innovate was remarkable. I liked your confusion about the education. His action just affirms my core belief that autodidacticism and self-learning is the pinnacle of education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakob! I really enjoyed your thoughts about the book you read regarding Steve Jobs. As a loyal apple customer since 2008, I can say I am fond of the man myself! I think it is really surprising that he dropped out of college considering he has one of the most profitable company in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jakob! I didn't know take Steve Jobs as someone who had a brutal personality or someone that had a disregard for others, but then again, I didn't know him personally. I too am surprised that he is a college dropout, but that means that we have more of an education than one of the most successful human beings to have ever been.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2