11A- Idea Napkin No. 1

1. You:
Talents- 
  • Math, Hockey, Communication, Presentation 
Skills and Experiences- 
  • Skilled in locating new business opportunities and targeting niche markets based on their demographics
  • Experience in new business development, sales, marketing, and business side of healthcare 
Aspirations- 
  • Make a stable enough income to support myself and my family 
  • Find meaning in what I do
  • I believe if I were to start the business it would consume most of my time and since the idea behind it gives me a sense of purpose and meaning, I believe I would be fulfilled with my work.
2. What are you offering to customers?:
  • I would be providing a system of bikes throughout the campus that would be accessible to anyone. In this system, a student could electronically rent a bike and then deposit it at the stop closest to their desired destination. Students that are looking to easily cut through campus to avoid traffic, those looking to increase their daily physical activity, and environmental activists will benefit from this idea. 
3. Who are you offering it to?:
  • I am offering this product to those students who have no accessible form of transportation and are looking to rent a bike to go a short distance through campus. 
4. Why do they care?:
  • Customers will pay for this service because some people will need to get across campus a little faster than walking, and the bikes make traveling through campus more convenient. Those that are looking to increase their physical exercise would use them as well. 
5. Core competencies: 
  • The bike rental service allows students who must travel through campus to bypass traffic on 13th, Inner Road, and University while also staying active in the process. This service is also eco-friendly and enhances community morale. 
I believe all of these concepts go together. This being said, I believe that this idea would need significant man-power and capital to get up and running. 



Comments

  1. Your idea is interesting, and your experience and talents are well-diversified. I agree with you that this would take significant manpower, as well as political leverage, as college campuses can be difficult to deal with. Additionally, other companies seem to have the organizational capability to step in and do it better, but then again, they aren't focused on college campuses yet. I think this would be utilized by those on campuses, and hopefully the students wouldn't abuse the bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jakob!
    Great idea. I think that this is a product that could be very useful for all involved. Not only would students be more active, but they would most likely be more on time. This really is a great idea because it would be helping so many people to get around effectively and environmentally friendly.
    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jakob! I think that your idea would be a great fit at UF especially because we have a large campus with so many people trying to get from place to place at the same time. Likewise, other big schools have this problem as well. You could look into expanding your business model into other schools after it has proven successful at UF. I hope that you reach all your goals and aspirations! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jakob, I really liked that you mentioned you aspire to find meaning in what you do, because that really is what life is all about! I also liked that you mentioned that this business would give you purpose and meaning, because that means you would genuinely enjoy what you're doing and would provide the best service possible to your customers. I like that you are starting to specifically plan out what routes you think would benefit the student body most. There definitely are a lot of technicalities to this business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2