2A- Bug list

Twenty things that bug me 

1. The glass around the rink in Daytona where I play hockey is extremely short and pucks go over the glass often.
Why?
The rink didn't have enough money to replace the glass and redo the ice, so they only redid the ice.
2. The wait time at the DMV is so long when you finally get to go your energy is drained. 
Why?
There is always an overflow of people trying to do different tasks in one place.
3. One of the legs on the chair in my room squeaks and it makes it hard to focus when I'm trying to do work.
Why?
It's an old chair.
4. The clocks in my house are a couple minutes off. 
Why?
They all have different operating systems.
5. My dog digs holes in my backyard and I have to repeatedly fill them in. 
Why?
She's a puppy, and that's what dogs do.
6. My AirPods are always disconnecting me from my car's bluetooth. 
Why?
Both my AirPods and my car are connected to my phone, so sometimes the AirPods connect instead of my car.
7. Police officers set up speed traps around the neighborhood and pull over people going slightly over the speed limit. 
Why?
They attempt to enforce the law. 
8. Factory phone chargers always seem to be made too short. 
Why?
The factory probably makes them short to keep manufacturing costs low. 
9. Making a new UF password has extreme minimum character count/number/symbol requirements. 
Why?
To ensure that only you can log onto your UF account. 
10. People that have more than 10 items that use the "express checkout lane". 
Why?
To avoid having to wait for another person to checkout their items. 
11. Telemarketers that call me when I'm eating dinner.
Why?
They know everyone is not busy around the time they eat dinner. 
12. Companies make customers check the "opt out" button or else they receive unlimited push notifications. 
Why?
In order to be able to access and market products to the biggest audience. 
13. University traffic backs up into downtown every day around 5 pm.
Why?
People are going home during these times and everyone is using the same main road. 
14. Library West is always packed during finals week and there is never anywhere to sit. 
Why?
Everyone has finals and no one wants to study in their own room.
15. The gyms usually have a line and you have to wait to get in. 
Why?
There are only two gyms on campus. 
16. Facebook sends one million notifications per day.
Why?
Mark Zuckerburg is trying to manipulate the media.
17. COVID-19 took away the most important six weeks of the spring semester. 
Why?
It's a global disease and does not operate with regards for human society. 
18. The people that give out parking tickets in the Norman parking garage. 
Why?
They are trying to keep people that do not have passes out, so that people who do have passes may park there. 
19. Protesters that marched down University and blocked all the traffic, causing me to miss dinner. 
Why?
They were exercising their 1st amendment right to free speech, and are trying to unify a cause in order to make a difference.  
20. UF requires 9 summer credit hours, but the Florida Bright Futures scholarship only covers 6 credit hours. 
Why?
The Bright Futures scholarship does not solely focus on needs for students at the University of Florida. 

Reflection- 
When I started the assignment I found that coming up with the first 5 or 6 was fairly difficult. As I started typing and generating ideas, however, I found it to be easier than I expected to come up with things that bug me. When I hit a road block after the first cluster, I visualized my daily routine and analyzed things that I found personally annoying. Though most of these are minor inconveniences, I found the activity quite therapeutic. 

Comments

  1. Hi Jakob! I sort of wish you wouldn’t have pointed out the clocks in your house being a couple minutes off, because now I have noticed that mine are as well (ha-ha). My 4-year-old Doberman started digging holes as a puppy and never seemed to grow out of it, so yes, you’re right—that’s just what dogs do. There were a few responses that you could have gone more in depth with as to the whys. For example, number 14, you listed that the library is always packed during finals because no one wants to study in their own rooms—but why is it that you think no one wants to study in their own rooms? I may be an odd one out here, but I actually prefer to study in my own room so I can have total peace and quiet, not having others constantly coming and going or shuffling around. I really enjoyed reading your bug list and found out that we share a lot of things that bother us. I too found it challenging to get past the 5 or 6 bug “hump”, but your idea of visualizing your daily routine was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I read your post and many of your bugs bugs me too!! Corona ruining the end of my sophomore semester would definitely be up there on my list of bugs too. I too sometimes have trouble with my AirPods but not relating to my car more to my computer. A lot of times I will play music on my computer and they are connected to my phone and the music plays out loud and I am so embarrassed!! Lib West being packed during finals week is a given, although I too wish it wasn't so I could steal a booth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 A- Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 A- Elevator Pitch No. 2